You should always make it a point to maintain and clean your walk-in freezer especially if you are working in the food industry. Remember, your business highly-depends on walk freezers since they keep foods well-preserved. Cleaning your walk-in freezer is not really that complicated as long as you follow these reminders:
- You can never go wrong with soap and water when it comes to cleaning your walk-in freezer. Just refrain from using strong chemicals since it may damage the surface of the metal surface of your walk-in freezer.
- When cleaning your evaporator and condensing coils, make sure that you use a self-rinsing cleaner, soap, water and or stiff bristled brush. Make it a point to do this at least twice a year to keep the evaporator and condensing coils functioning properly.
- Employing the services of a professional is advisable so he or she can further assist you in inspecting the walk-in freezer. It is also important that you make sure that the drain lines are not clogged by foreign objects and remove them as necessary.
- Door gaskets can be cleaned using soap and water. In case they are showing signs of corrosion or are damaged, it would be best to replace them with new ones. This will keep the magnets functioning.
- Sweeping and mopping the floors is also necessary to keep them neat and free from any dirt.
In addition to these advices, it is also important that you know what to do in case of the following circumstances:
- Liquid spills: Liquid spills can be damaging to the freezer so it would be best to wipe spills as soon as possible.
- Slips: There are non-skid strips on the floor which helps minimize slipping on the floor. It would be best to utilize them.
- Putting food inside the walk-in freezer: Refrain from stacking things without at least organizing them properly. This will eventually be beneficial especially once inventory is being done. Keeping the isles is also a good way of organizing things inside the walk-in.
- Power-Outage: in case of a power outage, the walk-in freezer can maintain the temperature for as long as twelve hours however, if it would be beyond that, a generator would be advantageous.
If you still feel that you need more information about walk-in coolers or walk-in freezers, you can always go online and go to SuperMarketServices.com.
If you’re looking to buy a walk-in freezer Instawares provides a walk-in freezer buying guide that helps you decide which is best for you.